Basecoat is a guide and library of SCSS partials to extend the Primer CSS toolkit for use on non-product websites of GitHub. Its purpose is to help the designers at GitHub efficiently create consistent, well-built, accessible, and on-brand marketing websites.
* Progressive enhancements for modern browsers, like CSS3 background image gradients, text-shadows, and HTML5 form elements are not supported in IE9. Basecoat is designed with these progressive enhancements in mind, allowing for IE9 to render default content and modern browsers to progressively enhance it.
- Our styles are written in SCSS.
- Bower can be used to import other dependencies (namely Octicons, Primer)
We're thrilled that you want to contribute to this project. A few things to note when opening a PR:
- This project follow's Primer's styleguide for writing HTML and CSS.
- This project is intended to be flexible enough to use for many different types of marketing websites. If your project has a specific need not documented here and you think it should be added for wider use, open an issue in our issue tracker.
- Please see our guidelines for contributing for more information.